This is the fourth matchup
between coordinators Kevin Cosgrove and Al Borges.
Both offenses are West Coast, but both emphasize
* the run
. NU notes: 1
The Blackshirts dispute
* the Auburn QB's insinuation that they're plodders
. And big games
* seem to bring out their best.
The Dallas paper describes Brandon Jackson's difficult path
More about the tough sell this game has been for fans: 1
Read the archived Dallas Morning News accounts of Nebraska's past Cotton Bowl appearances: 1965
Auburn arrives in Dallas with a serious mindset: 1
The bowl game is a homecoming
* of sorts for Marlon Lucky.
Andrew Shanle hopes for a future in coaching
The Cotton Bowl stadium is overdue
* for some fan-friendly upgrades.
Randy Jordan keeps Brandon Jackson motivated
* to finish the season strong.
rebounds from a disastrous junior season.
Rickey Thenarse finds he has a lot to learn
* at the cornerback position.
NU's injured running backs are still healing
. More notes from Wednesday: 1
"It's like I'm leaving family," Ola Dagunduro
says as his time at NU nears an end.
The Huskers' defensive line will have a lot of shoes to fill
after Jan. 1.
The emergence of Carl Nicks
* gives the right side of the O-line lots of heft.
Auburn's Kenny Irons hopes for a strong finish
* to an injury-plagued season.
The December layoff gives Auburn QB Brandon Cox time to heal
Notes from Saturday's practice: 1
* ends a semester of practices with an inside track
on the QB job for next season. Notes from Friday's practice: 1
Maurice Purify knows he has work to do
to become the go-to receiver.
The matchup with Auburn excites Alabama native Brett Byford
Auburn intends to be more focused
than in last year's bowl.
* start Saturday, and Bill Callahan plans to use them to get a leg up on the 2007 season.
There are similarities
in Auburn's and NU's offensive philosophies.