1st half notes: 2018 Minnesota @ Nebraska
- JD Spielman caught seven passes for 68 yards in the first half. He increased his career receptions total to 102, become the 12th Husker to reach 100 career receptions and the first to do so before his junior season. He is one reception and 21 receiving yards from cracking top 10 in both career catches and receiving yards.
- Spielman’s nine-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter was his seventh touchdown catch of the season and the ninth of his career. Spielman has a receiving touchdown in six of seven games this season. He is one touchdown reception from cracking the top 10 on the NU single-season touchdown list
- Devine Ozigbo rushed seven times for 139 yards and two touchdowns in the first half. Today marks Ozigbo’s third 100-yard rushing game in the past four weeks, including a career-high 170 yards against Purdue and 159 yards last week at Northwestern.
- Ozigbo’s 59-yard touchdown run to give Nebraska a 14-0 lead was a career-long rush for Ozigbo and the longest run by a Husker this season. His previous career-long rush was a 42-yard run against Tennessee in the 2016 Music City Bowl. Ozigbo’s 40-yard touchdown run to open scoring was the third-longest run of Ozigbo’s career.
- Stanley Morgan Jr. caught six passes in the first half to increase his career total to 152 receptions, becoming the fourth Husker with 150 career receptions.
- Quarterback Adrian Martinez accounted for 213 yards of total offense in the first half. Martinez completed 16-of-19 passes for 124 yards and a touchdown. He completed his first 11 passes of the afternoon. He rushed nine times for 89 yards and a touchdown, including a career-long 53-yard rush in the second quarter to set up a Nebraska touchdown.