Big 12 championship game
Dec. 4, 2010 — Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX — 7:13 p.m. CST, ABC-TV
The North representative will be the home team.
Stadium diagram | Division tiebreakers | Records | Official Big 12 site
2010 Oklahoma 23, NEBRASKA 20 Arlington, TX
2009 Texas 13, NEBRASKA 12 Arlington, TX
2008 Oklahoma 62, Missouri 21 Kansas City
2007 Oklahoma 38, Missouri 17 San Antonio
2006 Oklahoma 21, NEBRASKA 7 Kansas City
2005 Texas 70, Colorado 3 Houston
2004 Oklahoma 42, Colorado 3 Kansas City
2003 Kansas St. 35, Oklahoma 7 Kansas City
2002 Oklahoma 29, Colorado 7 Houston
2001 Colorado 39, Texas 37 Irving, TX
2000 Oklahoma 27, Kansas St 24 Kansas City
1999 NEBRASKA 22, Texas 6 San Antonio
1998 Texas A&M 36, Kansas St 33 St Louis
1997 NEBRASKA 54, Texas A&M 15 San Antonio
1996 Texas 37, NEBRASKA 27 St Louis
Divisional Champion: The (eligible) team with the best winning-percentage of all divisional members in its eight conference games is declared the divisional champion and representative to the Dr Pepper Big 12 Conference Football Championship Game. A team ineligible under NCAA or Big 12 rules for postseason (bowl) competition shall not compete in the Championship Game.
The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:
a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
1) The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2) The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3) The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)
4) The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
5) The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.
6) The team with the best overall winning percentage (excluding exempted games) shall be the representative.
7) The representative will be chosen by draw.